Tilbury Hinds Residence

A contemporary addition is added to the rear of a 1930’s art deco bungalow at Dover Heights. The original building has been retained and the brickwork and art deco features respectively restored. The new work aims to link the house to the rear yard and pool. A new pavilion provides a large sitting room connected to the existing kitchen and to a new landscaped covered area. The simple building form includes a skillion roof which allows for a mezzanine sitting space, from which views of the ocean and passing whales can be obtained. A small printing studio for the owner is located under the mezzanine. The rear terrace caters for low maintenance undercover outdoor entertaining for the owners and their young family with integrated BBQ and wet bar, sculptural built in concrete seat and casual steps up to the refurbished pool and provides shelter from strong southerly winds prevalent to the cliff face setting.